Declan CostelloDeclan Costello is an Economist working in the Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs of the European Commission since 1991. Currently he is Head of Unit in the department responsible for the 'Coordination of structural refroms and of the economic service, which is involved in developing the economic framework for analysing progress with structural reforms at EU and Member State level towards raising growth potential (the so-called Lisbon strategy), and developing EU policies in response to the economic crisis. Prior to this, he was Head of Unit dealing with economic analysis of labour markets and social welfare systems, where he co-ordinated a project to make projections on the economic and budgetary impact of ageing populations for EU Member States. He has a degree in economics from Trinity College Dublin and a Masters degree for the College of Europe, Bruges. Representing the European Commission, Mr. Costello is also an alternate member of the Economic Policy Committee (EPC) which advises and prepares the EU's Council of Economics and Finance Ministers (ECOFIN).
- GREEK LIST FAILS TO MAKE CLEAR ASSURANCES ON PENSION, VAT OVERHAULS, LIBERALIZING CLOSED SECTORS - IMF'S LAGARDE
- IMF'S LAGARDE: GREEK OVERHAUL PROPOSALS 'GENERALLY NOT VERY SPECIFIC'
- IMF'S LAGARDE: GREEK PROPOSALS A GOOD STARTING POINT
- IMF'S LAGARDE: GREEK PROPOSALS FAIL TO GIVE ASSURANCES ON IMPORTANT BAILOUT REFORMS
- IMF'S LAGARDE: CURRENT GREEK BAILOUT PROPOSALS INSUFFICIENT TO RELEASE FUND CASH
- EU FIN MINS CALL ON GREEK AUTHORITIES TO "FURTHER DEVELOP" AND "BROADEN" LIST OF REFORM MEASURES